LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Compile Broken

Hello,

Everytime I attempt to compile ANY FPGA .vi for any target, I get multiple "Error 6" messages and the compile fails.

Any suggestions on what to do?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(1,357 Views)

Your computer's NI software configuration may be corrupt.  Error 6 is a file missing code, see https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P82VSAS&l=en-US

Any other info you can provide?  Maybe try on another computer?

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(1,350 Views)

The error codes I receieved on one attempt:

1. An internal software error has occurred. Please contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support with the following information:

Error 6 occurred at Copy in niFpgaLocateAndCopyAdditionalIncludes.vi->niFpgaArbReadWriteGetInstantiation.vi->nirviGetInstantiation.vi->nirviGetInstantiation.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: Generic file I/O error.
    =========================
    I/O operation aborted.

C:\NIFPGA\compilation\actormeasure_904063383838_IVCurve_UKfgx2aQzOE\NiFpgaArbRW.vhd

2. An internal software error has occurred. Please contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support with the following information:

Error 6 occurred at Copy in niFpgaLocateAndCopyAdditionalIncludes.vi->nifxpmath_Convert_Instantiation.vi->nifxpmath_Convert_Instantiation.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

I/O operation aborted.

C:\NIFPGA\compilation\actormeasure_904063383838_IVCurve_UKfgx2aQzOE\PkgNiUtilities.vhd

3. An internal software error has occurred. Please contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support with the following information:

Error 6 occurred at Copy in nirioStockModGenUtils.lvlib:StockOutputVhdlAndInstantiation.vi->NiCrioStock_IO_EmitCode.vi->niFpgaEmitCode_nirviEIOImplementation.vi:6970002->niFpgaEmitCode_nirviEIOImplementation.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

I/O operation aborted.

C:\NIFPGA\compilation\actormeasure_904063383838_IVCurve_UKfgx2aQzOE\Crio9233StartDoNode.vhd

There are many many more....it seems like there is a error reading the ".vhd" files at this directory, however, in my "C:\NIFPGA\compilation\actormeasure_904063383838_IVCurve_UKfgx2aQzOE\" directory, all of these files are located in the subfolder: "C:\NIFPGA\compilation\actormeasure_904063383838_IVCurve_UKfgx2aQzOE\source_files". Why is it pointing to the parent directory?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(1,309 Views)

Another attempt:

1. An internal software error has occurred. Please contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support with the following information:

Error 6 occurred at Copy in niFpgaLocateAndCopyAdditionalIncludes.vi->nifxpmath_Div_EmitCode.vi->nifxpmath_Div_EmitCode.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

I/O operation aborted.

C:\NIFPGA\compilation\actormeasure_904063383838_Quench_WjJ5P0p-oIA\FxpDivWrap.vhd

2. An internal software error has occurred. Please contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support with the following information:

Error 6 occurred at Copy in nirioStockModGenUtils.lvlib:StockOutputVhdlAndInstantiation.vi->NiCrioStock_IO_EmitCode.vi->niFpgaEmitCode_nirviEIOImplementation.vi:6970002->niFpgaEmitCode_nirviEIOImplementation.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

I/O operation aborted.

C:\NIFPGA\compilation\actormeasure_904063383838_Quench_WjJ5P0p-oIA\Crio9233StartDoNode.vhd

3. An internal software error has occurred. Please contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support with the following information:

Error 6 occurred at Copy in niFpgaLocateAndCopyAdditionalIncludes.vi->niFpgaGenerateStaticInstantiationFromLVData.vi->nirviGetInstantiation.vi->nirviGetInstantiation.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

I/O operation aborted.

C:\NIFPGA\compilation\actormeasure_904063383838_Quench_WjJ5P0p-oIA\forloop.vhd

4. An internal software error has occurred. Please contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support with the following information:

Possible reason(s):

I/O operation aborted.

C:\NIFPGA\compilation\actormeasure_904063383838_Quench_WjJ5P0p-oIA\Crio9264IoNode.vhd

I tried compiling on another computer with a fresh install of LabVIEW, and got the same results...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(1,264 Views)

since this is with any FPGA VI compile your configuration needs to be redone.  Uninstall and reinstall (all).

nobody can debug what you are posting and it is way easier to uninstall and reinstall.

ALE Consultants

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(1,252 Views)

I have gone to another computer, with a FRESH install of LabVIEW, and compiled the attached VI for a cRIO-9034 with a NI9263 and 3x 9238 cards (its a perpetual while loop which adds two numbers together, nothing more).

I compile it one time with no errors and am able to run it.

I go into the VI, change one of the numbers to add, try to compile it, and it fails with this error:

• An internal software error has occurred. Please contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support with the following information:

Error 6 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s):

I/O operation aborted.

C:\NIFPGA\compilation\actormeasure_FPGATarget4_debugging_RRU96d4-R1Y\PkgNiUtilities.vhd

I have both Vivado 2019 & Vivado 2021 installed.

Is there any suggestions here?

Can anyone else reproduce my results? Something seems to be broken and it is unclear what the culprit is.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(1,214 Views)

This only happens with my master project.

When I recreate the VI in a brand new project, everything works fine.

I have tried deleting a readding targets into my project, however, it doesn't work...

Is there some cache associated with my project that I can reset?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(1,208 Views)

Could you post your project as well?  The VI seems fine.

ALE Consultants

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(1,189 Views)

I have discovered what the issue was:

My .lvproj seemingly had too many cRIO targets associated with it.

In more detail, I have created two FPGA .VIs which support a multitude of different cRIOs, FPGAs, and C series cards.

You can see below the different configurations which I have in my project:

Gryffin_1-1670350863986.png

(I have blocked out the ones with IP addresses listed, the rest are "dummy" targets which I compile bitfiles for.)

Because LABVIEW doesn't support dynamically changing the cRIO and C series cards (I hope this changes), I have to manually add all targets and the unique configuration of cards that will be used with my program and compile them (I have a VI which allows mass compilation of bitfiles, thankfully.)

Recently, I went to add another configuration: 9040-9269-9252-9252-9252-9252-9252-9252-9252

The addition of this target seemingly pushed my project over the edge.

I noticed this by watching my RAM consumption when loading my project: The entire project and all cRIO targets, cards, etc. get loaded into RAM when the project is opened, however, at a certain point, my RAM consumption would no longer increase, yet, things were still "loading". (Because I am coding for cRIOs, I use 32-bit LABVIEW to make the bitfiles [ultimately I compile my Windows executable in 64-bit LABVIEW], and my project with this new target was hitting the RAM limit of 2 GB for 32-bit LABVIEW).

So, upon deleting this new configuration from my project and attempting FPGA compiling, everything works fine.

HOWEVER, I am left with the problem that I cannot add this new target which I need to compile my bitfiles for.

Apparently, NI is bringing cRIO FPGA programming to 64-bit LABVIEW, but, it isn't released yet.

Until it is, I am left with this limiation with only annoying workarounds (multiple projects).

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(1,176 Views)

Thanks for clarifying!

How about making a new project file for this target?  You are not using the targets all at the same time so I do not think they need to be in the same project.

ALE Consultants

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(1,162 Views)