cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Compilation Issues - Stalls at Translating

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have tried to find a solution to this problem on this forum and have not found one thus far. 

What I am using:

I have a cRIO-9024 controller and a 9871 module and I am using LabVIEW 2014.

The problem:

I am trying to use the local FPGA compiler to compile the attached VI, 'Serial Loop-FPGA.vi'. The FPGA code attached is the example code for the NI 9871 with the necessary modifications made (ie. Mod 6). The compilation will not complete. It does not throw an error, it simply gets stuck at translating (I have run it for a few days).

What I have tried:

Since the full code would not compile I made a simpler VI that would test to see if the "Write" method would work. This is the attached 'TestWrite.vi' file. This properly compiled in about 10 minutes. 

I then tested the "Read" method and have not been able to successfully compile this code (see 'TestRead.vi').

When I tested to see if WriteTest would compile again it did not, so I restarded everything and eventually the compilation completed on the third restart.

This issue is very confusing to me since there seems (to me) to be no real reason for compilation to work or not. I would provide error logs but there are none since the compilation just stalls.

Thank you for your time. Please let me knoe if you need anymore information.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,054 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sroth16

Which opeating system do you use? Check http://www.ni.com/white-paper/52818/en/

Also you cloud try the Cloud Compile Service, you can create a free test account.

Message 2 of 5
(2,994 Views)

Hello AF87,

I am using the 32-bit LabVIEW software on 64-bit Windows 10. IThe FPGA version is 14.0 I believe.

On your provided link, it has the FPGA version 15.0. Could this be the issue?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,988 Views)

I think the issue is, that the Xilinx-Tools, which are used to compile the FPGA-Vi, are not (fully) supported on Windows 10.  

Did you try the Cloud Compile Service? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,979 Views)

I tried the cloud compile service and it seems that you were right since the compilation completed in a few minutes. Thank you very much for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,958 Views)