LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIFO buffering problem?

Help please!!

I am using Crio-9076 with input card NI9234 and output card NI9263.

The program is attached. When I open tdms file in excel I get 5 columns with 308 sample per columns. Why? I supposed to get 10 000 samples per columns, because I am running the program with 10 000 kHz rate for second? What is wrong?

Mikko

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,987 Views)

Help please!!

I am using Crio-9076 with input card NI9234 and output card NI9263.

The program is attached. When I open tdms file in excel I get 5 columns with 308 sample per columns. Why? I supposed to get 10 000 samples per columns, because I am running the program with 10 000 kHz rate for second? What is wrong?

Mikko

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,988 Views)

How large are your FIFOs?  Why don't you just use another channel to pass the data from your acquisition loop to the logging loop?

You also have the issue in that logging data is much slower than the data acquisition.  Yet, you are telling both loops to stop at the same time.  So you lose all of that data that is still in the buffers.  Another reason to go use a Channel for passing the data to the logging loop: you can specify if it was the last element that needed saved and stop your logging loop with that flag.

Also because the logging is slower, you should try to log more at a time.  Try using a FOR loop to read 100 samples and then log those 100 samples in one TDMS Write.  You can stop the FOR loop early if it is the last sample if you use the Channel like I said before.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,968 Views)