LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIFO FPGA

Hello everybody , 

what happened when the fifo get  Data  from 2  channels at the same time ? 
the data is the times that come  the pulses come from  . 
 Thanks 
Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,111 Views)

Hi Daniel,

@DaletCohen wrote:

Then the FIFO gets data from 2 channels…

Are you sure those 2 dates really "come at the very same time"?

Mind to attach your code?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,100 Views)

Yes it’s could be .

i have some detectors that could get pulses simultaneously. And I need to detect it in the same FIFO . 
How can I send you my code ? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,095 Views)

Hi Daniel,

@DaletCohen wrote:

How can I send you my code ?

There's an attachment area below the text editor box when you write a message. Use it to attach your code!

(For FPGA VIs it really helps to attach the whole project including the lvproj file as it contains all the FIFO definitions. When attaching several files it is recommended to put them all into just one ZIP file. Use ZIP, no other proprietary archive format. I prefer code downconverted for LV2017: file menu -> save for previous…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,083 Views)

@DaletCohen wrote:

Hello everybody , 

the data is the times that come  the pulses come from  . 
 Thanks 
Daniel

As Gerd said, your FIFO will contain (after the two channels/sources enqueue their data elements) two data elements.

If you want to distinguish them, you should include other information with the data (such as an identifier of the source, an index of the measurement, etc).

Depending on what you want to do with the information/data "later" (i.e. after dequeuing, so maybe later here is in micro/milliseconds), you could send different types of information. But the time at which they are enqueued might not be critically important.

If the question is about pairing two data sources' information, it might be important to add a counter value or something to the information, or use some sychronization to ensure that you could use something like Decimate 1D Array to split a 1D array into multiple arrays, one per source (this requires that the FIFO receive elements like A B A B A B A B and never receives AABABABABABBABABAB... with some misordered elements).

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,071 Views)