LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting timestamp for communication through DataSocket Server

Hello,

I have implemented live data sharing using LabVIEW DataSocket Server across both intranet and internet. I need to timestamp the data as well. I found out it as one of the inputs in DataSocket Write vi. But at receiver end, I am unable to retrieve it. Can anyone please guide?

I also tried two available examples in LabVIEW, namely DSRead and DSWrite with attributes. They seem to work if both are on same host. What changes are required to implement it across internet? I could not find any manual on this. Please help. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,961 Views)

Hi, 

The timestamp functionality is not built into the datasocket VIs. However, you can create a custom datatype and include the timestamp information with the data you send. For example, make a cluster with your data and a timestamp, then write that to your datasocket item:

sample.png

Note that the Timestamp output of the Datasocket Read will only return valid data when you're using it to read from a shared variable. Itranet vs Internet should not matter as long as you provide a valid URL to the Datasocket Open and you have the Datasocker Server running on the server machine. 

Cheers, 

Misha
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,916 Views)