LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Externally Triggered 6534E Digital Output

Hi Dear Friends,

I have get a question on how to do the triggered output for the 6534E card. Right now I am using the 6534E card to output a digital gate pulse, and I want to synchronize the output of this gate pulse to an external source, which is the Sync output of a Angilent 33220A function generator(10 kHz). I want the rising edge of one trigger pulse(the sync output) to start one digital gate pulse output, and when one digital gate pulse if finished it waits for another rising edge of the trigger pulse to start another digital gate pulse.

For the more detailed description, please have a look at the attached waveform. Hope you can shed some light on the possibility of doing this.

Thanks a lot for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,219 Views)

Hello tiddlycorona,

From the diagram you provided, you can try the Gen Dig Pulse-Retriggerable.vi. This LabVIEW example demonstrates how to generate a digital pulse from a Counter Output Channel on a digital trigger. The Initial Delay, High Time, Low Time, and Idle State are all configurable. It also shows how to use a Digital Start trigger, so the digital pulse is not started until a trigger signal is received. Though the pulse is configured in terms of ticks, it can easily be modified to generate a pulse in terms of Frequency/Duty Cycle or Time.

Best regards,

Ali M

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,190 Views)