LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Labview Code in readable format

Hi.. I got stuck in a serious problem, need help. Can I get any suggestion about how to read/export/transform labview VI into readable format.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,254 Views)

Hi Sarah,

Can I get any suggestion about how to read/export/transform labview VI into readable format.

Print the front panel and/or block diagram: Edit->Print…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,244 Views)

Hi.. How can i get the Labview code in the DFIR format ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,240 Views)

Hi Sarah,

you cannot.

Please keep related questions in the same thread!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,221 Views)

Besides, that would be anything but "readable" in relation to your original thread! 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,168 Views)

@SarahDavid wrote:

Hi.. I got stuck in a serious problem, need help. Can I get any suggestion about how to read/export/transform labview VI into readable format.

Readable by humans or readable by LabVIEW? A simple VI can be read by LabVIEW and by any human that has LabVIEW installed. 😄

It would really help if you could add a few more sentences to explain the purpose of it all (e.g. archiving, documentation, patent application, documentation for the supervisor, etc. etc.).

Please note that translating LabVIEW code into any non-VI form will be lossy and basically irreversible. There are many thing that are not visible in pictures (mechanical actions of buttons, configurations of express VIs, execution settings, hierarchies, etc. etc.)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,145 Views)

for example, UML model of any system can be easily exported in XMI/XML format and that XMI can be easily readable by code written in any other language (like java etc.). As, I am working with labview and I am interested in exporting VI in any other readable format but the only ways I have found are either .jpg or .dll file (but they are readable 😞 ). Can I export it in any other format?

or Can I get DFIR graph of corresponding VI from G compiler??

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,112 Views)

Hi Sarah,

Can I get DFIR graph of corresponding VI from G compiler??

Did you read message #4?

I am interested in exporting VI in any other readable format but the only ways I have found are either .jpg or .dll file (but they are readable 😞 ). Can I export it in any other format?

You forgot PDF as mentioned (or implied) in message #2.

LabVIEW also supports HTML, RTF and plain text documentation…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,102 Views)

I want to get equivalent representation of VI in any other textual language

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,095 Views)

Hi Sarah,

I want to get equivalent representation of VI in any other textual language

Then you need to recreate (aka rewrite) the algorithm used for your VI in that other "textual language"…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,074 Views)