LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to excel function in Labview 2009

Hello

I have two questions

1.]  I am using LabView 2009. I need to export the data from my Waveform chart to excel and save it there. 

2.] When I stop the program and wish to run again, the waveform start plotting the data from the time stopped earlier. I want

it to start plotting the data time=0 every time I start running the program.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,568 Views)

I want to export the data along with the time. Any help is appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,562 Views)

Hello Rkale,

With respect to to your first question, I have found a knowledgebase article which talks through the steps to export data to excel on LabVIEW 2009. In answer to your second question, if you right click on the graph in LabVIEW and select Advanced and uncheck the Auto Adjust Scales option then the x-value should start the time at zero each time the VI is run.

I hope this helps.

Regards

David B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,554 Views)

As for your first question: Did you try a search? No, really, did you try? Because this question has been asked as many times as the earth has spun around the sun.

If you are trying to export the data programmatically, and you absolutely must create an Excel workbook then you need to use ActiveX. You can buy the Report Generation Toolkit or you can program it yourself. There's an example that ships with LabVIEW on writing data to an Excel workbook. You will also find lots of examples in the Excel thread. NOTE: DO NOT POST QUESTIONS IN THE EXCEL THREAD.

You can also simply use the Export Waveforms to Spreadhseet File VI.  That actually creates a text file, but you can read that using Excel.

Or, you can just use the Write to Spreadsheet File VI for just the raw data. Again, that creates a text file.

Message 4 of 6
(4,542 Views)

Hello David B

The Auto Adjust scales does not work. Even though I uncheck that, every time I run my program, the x axis starts with the time for which earlier time program

had stopped running. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,533 Views)

Rkale,

Try switching to a Waveform Graph. Waveform Charts will retain previous data, where Waveform Graphs should not. Look at the LabVIEW Help for more details.

Jason L

Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,518 Views)