LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Waveform Chart Plots data to spreadsheet file based on X scale (Time Stamp) min and Max Value

Hi All,

Query 1:I am trying to export the Chart data(Total plots 6 ) only between the X scale Min Time and Max time limit .

But couldnt able to achieve that progammtically.

is their anyway to achieve this.

Query 2:Also ,In chart their is an  right click option to export data to excel,but when using this option the data get exported in its own temporary name(iv*****.tmp),i dont want this to happen.Instead the data expored using that option should be written in a file specified by me(everyting should happen in backend)

pls suggest the best solution for above 2 queries.

Thanks,

Selvan.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,701 Views)

Hi selvan,

1) read the chart history (or better keep a history in your own shift register) and limit the data to the XMin and XMax values (read all those chart settings from its properties). Then save the data using WriteToSpreadsheetFile…

2) The right-click option is as it is. When you need different behaviour you need to program your own routine. Once you finished query 1 it will be no problem anymore to also solve query 2…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,696 Views)

Hi Gerd,

Thanks for your reply.

1)If we build our own history and if it grows too large thier might be chance for application slow performance issue and memory leaks.

Did I mean correclty?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,682 Views)

Yes,

you're right.

But hey: you can also program a limited size history - the same way as the chart uses!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,654 Views)