LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Graph Data to Excel in built application

One of the new features in LabVIEW 2010, is to export graph data and image to Excel with a right-click option at the graph. This works well in the programming environment, but dosnt work in the built application.

Does anyone know why?

Please have a look at the link below:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvhowto/exporting_simplified_images/

regards

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,752 Views)

Looks like a bug to me. And as I'm testing this on the same PC as I have LabVIEW on it should not be a driver issue.

You can even try to do it programatically by using an invoke node and the new Export to Excel method, and nothing happens in a built application. LabVIEW help specifies that themethod is supposed to be available in the run-time engine.

Message 2 of 11
(5,739 Views)

An alternative is to change the item type to "User Item" in the shortcut menu editor, and call the "exportToExcel.vi" from the block diagram using event structure.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,727 Views)

This appears to be a bug. I have filed it as CAR 277831.

Tom

National Instrument

Application Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,681 Views)

Is there any new information on this topic? I have the same problem, I ant to use the Export Simplified Image" option and it is not included in the built application.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,534 Views)

I have the same problem. Has this been addressed in the new version???

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,445 Views)

The issue is still not resolved in the current version. Hopefully it will be addressed in one of the upcoming releases.

Tom

National Instrument

Application Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,433 Views)

When I export a chart until the chart history length is full, the export function works well. Afterwards, the number of data points exported is reduced by the number of data points above the chart history buffer size. 2x the buffer size and the export is empty.... Clear chart will fix the issue again... May help to isolate the issue...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,425 Views)

Hi Tom,

I am experiencing this problem in LabView 2010 SP1.  Is it fixed in LabView 2011?

Thanks,

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,213 Views)

I had the same problem under Labview 2010, and as you, I'll be very interrested to know if the problem is solved now under Labview 2011 ...

Is there any National Instruments developper to answer to the question ??

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,186 Views)