LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable is broken while development VI works

Can someone explain to me why this is happening?  I have a very simple application that works in development mode but is broken all over the place when built:

broken debug.png

The image above is from a debug session of a built application. The classes on the left have been added to the build and are all fully functional in the development environment. I get no complaints on a build and have no idea what is causing the application to bomb.  Anyone seen this before?  Any thoughts? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,311 Views)

Hello,

I have not seen it before, but maybe we can try to figure out something from build log file, can you generate one?

2016-08-23 21_20_05-My Application Properties.png

Marcin

Think Dataflow - blog.mtapp.tech
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,293 Views)

Ya, I looked at that.  tbh, it didn't really show anything.  Now, I think that I have figured out what the problem was and it is related to another post that I just put up (concerning the automatic inlining of accessors).  Under Additional Exclusions, I removed the check mark Disconnect unused inline subVIs and now I have something that builds.  I will update this if it changes.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,280 Views)

I have the same issue now.. the class object used in the block diagram is broken and it doesn't load in the executable but works fine in the development environment.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening in LabVIEW?

Ajayvignesh_MV_0-1677519598659.png

Regards,

Ajay.

--
Ajay MV

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(863 Views)

Have you somehow managed to put the class under "Don't include"?

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(821 Views)

Ha ha.. I have all packed libraries included in Always include... I found the reason behind this anyways...

I have Exclude Dependent Libraries option checked for my packed libraries and it refers to the original relative path when I do check this option as per documentation. 

I have to figure out a way to manage this now.

• Exclude dependent packed libraries—Specifies to reduce the overall number of files in a build output. When you enable this checkbox, LabVIEW excludes copies of dependent packed project libraries to which you link from other build outputs. To exclude dependent packed project library files, LabVIEW retains the links relative to the original dependent packed project libraries instead of copying those files during the build. For example, if you create one build output and then a subsequent build output, you can relatively link the subsequent build output to a file in the first build output. If you leave this checkbox disabled, LabVIEW copies the dependent packed library file to which you linked instead of retaining the relative link to that file.

Source:https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/labview/page/lvdialog/additional_exclusions_packed_page.html

I hope this helps others.!

Regards,

Ajay

--
Ajay MV

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(798 Views)

@Ajay_MV wrote:

Ha ha.. I have all packed libraries included in Always include... I found the reason behind this anyways...

I have Exclude Dependent Libraries option checked for my packed libraries and it refers to the original relative path when I do check this option as per documentation. 

I have to figure out a way to manage this now.

• Exclude dependent packed libraries—Specifies to reduce the overall number of files in a build output. When you enable this checkbox, LabVIEW excludes copies of dependent packed project libraries to which you link from other build outputs. To exclude dependent packed project library files, LabVIEW retains the links relative to the original dependent packed project libraries instead of copying those files during the build. For example, if you create one build output and then a subsequent build output, you can relatively link the subsequent build output to a file in the first build output. If you leave this checkbox disabled, LabVIEW copies the dependent packed library file to which you linked instead of retaining the relative link to that file.

Source:https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/labview/page/lvdialog/additional_exclusions_packed_page.html

I hope this helps others.!

Regards,

Ajay

Don't forget to mark your solution as the solution - that way you have a better chance of helping others.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(783 Views)