LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable doesn't find DLL Library any more

Hello,

I created any VIs and a project to build the executables of the VIs. Those Executables are usually run in other computer.

Before I moved the project and VIs folder, I could created a Build folder with the executable and another folder with the DLL Library was automatically created inside this Build folder. And also the executable could find automatically the DLL Library when the user ran it.

But after I moved the project and VIs folder, the DLL Library folder wasn't created. Even if I copy the DLL Library folder inside the Build folder (same relative path), the executable can't find the DLL Library.

How could I get, that the project creates the executable and the DLL Library folder, and also the executable can find the Library automatically?

I hope you can help me, to find a solution. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,021 Views)

Hello,

So I found three articles on the NI site that I believe relate to your current issue:

- LabVIEW executable cannot find DLL

- Executable cannot find my dll even with a specified path

- How do i add a dll to a LabVIEW EXE

The first two links give you troubleshooting steps to help LabVIEW find the dll when building an exe. 

The third one is more of a guide on how to add a dll to an exe, so you can double check if you followed all the steps correctly 

Hope it helps you out!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,930 Views)

Hi Fujica35,

thanks for your help. I will try it with the information of the links.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,917 Views)

Hi Fujica35,

thanks one more time for your help. I could solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,897 Views)