cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable does not detect DAQ

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello LabVIEW community,

I created an executable to run on a computer that does not have LabVIEW. I installed the hardware drivers on that computer (my DAQ hardware is "installed and ready to use", and detected by the computer upon plug-in). The problem is, that when I start the .exe file, all my DAQ channels just read 0. The code acts as if the DAQ is not even plugged in, or is unrecognized.

I tried the same executable on the computer where the .exe was created, and the signals are nicely displayed.

Is there anything special that must be done when creating executables, so that the DAQ channels are detected on every computer? Is this perhaps a matter of configuration per computer?

Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,702 Views)

Are there any errors on your DAQmx functions that you aren't seeing because your code is discarding the errors and not showing them?

Try putting some indicators on the error wires after the DAQmx functions.  Rebuild the application and try again.  See what the error indicators say.

Message 2 of 4
(2,698 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author efracz

If you are using DAQmx tasks or channels defined in MAX, then you need to export your MAX configuration to the target PC as well.  Your installer can be set up to handle importing MAX settings during the install on the target PC.

You should also follow Ravens advice and make sure you implement error handling.

Message 3 of 4
(2,694 Views)

Thank you for your help!

I forgot that I was using a custom scale for my data (the error message helped me remember - thank you Ravens Fan for the suggestion).

I exported the hardware configuration per Wayne. C's suggestion. The following article was helpful:

digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/12288DEB3C6A185B862572A70043C353

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,664 Views)