LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable - Missing subVIs on Build Computer

None of the VIs related t the Report Generation Toolkit are missing.

But I have solved my original issue.  There was a dll file missing (libmysql.dll), and once I added that file to the project (and added it to the "always include" list), the .exe ran fine.  There was no longer any missing VIs on the build computer.

Next, I tried to run the .exe on a different computer.  It noted other missing .dll files (one at a time): nilvaiu.dll, nipalu.dll, nipalut.dll.  All of these I've managed to find in System32 and added to the "always include" list.   (It also lists missing DAQmx VI files, but I'm concentrating on the dll files for the moment.)

However, now it's refering to nipal32.dll.  I cannot find this file on my C drive.  Any ideas?

Edit: I've also tried building an installer.  If I include the .exe build, then I get the same error message re missing nipal32.dll.  If I exclude the .exe build, then I don't get the .exe on the install computer. Ugh.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,710 Views)
I think all of your problems can be solved by simply including DAQmx as another installer. No need to separately include its dlls.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,705 Views)

All the nixxxx.dll files sound like ones that would have been installed with the run-time engine.  The full run-time engine.  Not 100% sure of that though.

DAQmx is a separate installation.  It is possible those .dll's are a part of the DAQmx installation.

If you are using DAQ, then be sure to install the proper version of DAQmx.  Then try running your .exe again.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,701 Views)

Thanks everyone for your responses.

The final solution that worked in the end involved:

- re-installing Labview Runtime Engine - the latest patch for my Labview version

- building the installer with Labview Runtime Engine and DAQMX

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,673 Views)

Can you please enlighten us on how do we identify the correct version of required DAQmx installation with respect to Labview version / DAQ card version?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,337 Views)

NI-DAQmx and LabVIEW Compatibility

As far as DAQmx and DAQ card, you will have to go through the Readme of the DAQmx version you are looking to install.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,334 Views)