From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable Application

I'm trying to create an executable file of my project.

1) there are 2 threads that i need to make it runs all the time. this is the vi that handle the communication as signal and command layer.

2) i/o mapping is configures in an excel file and 1 of the thread above is referring to this excel file while running.

3) the startup vi - mainpanel.vi

4) all related vis

i put mainpanel.vi as "start up vi" and item 1 and 2 as "always included". but seems like it unable to get the IO mapping from the excel file and there's no communication there.

question:

where should i put the excel file of this configuration mapping?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(2,734 Views)

Can you post your VI. Giving solution after that is much better 

2011 format please

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(2,730 Views)

the properties of the EXE file as below.

EXE properties.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(2,722 Views)

There are number of files in the project files, why you are not adding these files ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(2,719 Views)

Hi Ranjeet,

So i should add all files related to the panel03 to always included?

how to make Profibus communication handler.vi & signal layer.vi running all the time?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(2,717 Views)

Yes you should. Here you are telling labview that in real time project I am gonna all these files.

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(2,714 Views)

ok let me try

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(2,712 Views)

Go ahead. One more thing, Please use as much as indicator to see what is the real time value or path it is selecting or displaying. Use one simple error handler also. Once you satisfy with this then remove unwanted things. Make a habit of these

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(2,709 Views)

Hi Ranjeet,

after include all files into "Always Included" same problem still occurs.

the Signal Layer.vi is not running when i run the application.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(2,703 Views)

First of all you should NOT include all the files from the project. LabVIEW will by it self find out what .vi files are needed to build the exe when you have selected the start-up .vi file.

The only files that is needed in Alway-include, is files you call by reference.

As your excel file is not a files that can be include in a exe file, that files is placed in the data folder beside the exe.

One question is then, how are you refering to this file ? how are you given the path ?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(2,696 Views)