LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exe LabVIEW Version

I have an exe compiled by a version of LabVIEW.  Is there a way to check which version of LabVIEW was the EXE compiled by?  

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,502 Views)

The answer is, of course, "Maybe".  I just opened an .exe I built with LabVIEW 12, and used a text editor (on a binary file, yet!) to search for the string "LabVIEW".  I found a buried reference to labview/branches/2012/dev/plat/win/...  I don't know if this is in all programs (hmm, why don't I look at another one ... yep (I saved time by searching for "branches").  Not sure I have older .exe files, hence can't say whether all versions of LabVIEW do this (hmm, I've got some code from LabVIEW 7 on a VM -- just a minute ...  Well, searching for "branches" finds labview/branches/wormhole/..., not so helpful.  However, a search for LabVIEW found, mixed in among some binary stuff, the string "7.0".  Let's see if 7.0 appears in other places ...  Interesting, there are multiple copies of strings that look like "7.0b71?Oldest compatible LabVIEW" (the character where I put the question mark is really the character "^Z").

Bob Schor

Seek, and maybe Ye Shall Find ...

Message 2 of 4
(2,482 Views)

I guess you could try to execute it on a computer without LabVIEW or any LV runtimes on it and see what runtime it asks for.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 3 of 4
(2,461 Views)

Recently there was a similar thread : Determine Runtime version being utilized / required for an exe. It may answer your question.

Message 4 of 4
(2,436 Views)