LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel_Save_Workbook error

Solved!
Go to solution

Is this the same problem as the one described here? Basically, that Excel 2016 has added an (apparently undocumented) input "WorkIdentity" to the SaveAs method, and this breaks existing code until you delete and recreate the invoke node.

Message 11 of 19
(2,965 Views)

Yes, it is.  Thank you for providing a cause.  

Certification Engineer II
National Instruments

Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(2,959 Views)

Hello all

I had the same problem. On one system (Notebook) it was running fine. On my PC it was also running fine at first. From one day to the other I had also the Excel_Save_Workbook Error!?!?

I was first trying to rewire etc. No success

Then I checked the Excel_Save_Workbook on my notebook- it worked fine there.

So I copied it to the PC but the error was still there!!!

But now I know the fastest solution which worked in my case:

You don't need to reprogramm all the code.

1. Click with the mouse on "SaveAs" in the Involke Node in the Excel_Save_Workbook vi

2. Select "SaveAs" in the dropdown list.

3. THE ERROR HAS GONE!!!

4. Save the Vi...

For whatever reason the Excel_Save_Workbook has lost it's connection to the Incolke Node...

Message 13 of 19
(2,775 Views)

THANK YOU!  The solution of deleting and reinstalling the invoke node worked.  I did notice the new invoke node for Workbook/SaveAs had an additional invoke method not on the original - "WorkIdentity".  Perhaps this was the initial error with the original invoke node of the Excel_Save_Workbook.VI.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(2,368 Views)

Did not realize there were additional posts with this cause already identified. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(2,367 Views)

Right click on the Invoke node ==> Select method ==> SaveAs also solved my problem. Even with MS Office 2019.

Thanks for solution!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(2,187 Views)

Thank you ! This is stupid that this happens.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(2,172 Views)

@liquidcable wrote:

Thank you ! This is stupid that this happens.

NI provides utilities that help you work with Microsoft Excel, a program over which it has no control.  When Microsoft makes changes to Excel, they do not inform NI, nor provide "patches" for LabVIEW.  Fortunately for you (and other LabVIEW Users), NI's code is written well enough that users can "patch" it easily, and generally publish the "fixes" in such places as the LabVIEW Forums (i.e. here).  It is not NI's responsibility to analyze and "track" the particular version of Miicrosoft Office you are using.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(2,159 Views)

The report generation tool is something NI charges money for so it's their responsibility to make sure it works, not mine (that's why I purchased it). Also, this happened after I just moved a folder of VIs from one location to another, no other changes. It was working fine, I moved the folder, and it stopped working in the mater if 15 minutes. I don't think Microsoft installed an update to the excel in that amount of time.

Message 19 of 19
(2,143 Views)