cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Function

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi @altenbach,

In your last statement you mentioned opening the file before the loop.. Could you explain how to do this? Would this allow me to have the file open while I run the program? That was my goal, but I'm unsure how to go about it. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(503 Views)

@sambpk wrote:

I'm hitting reply, but it's not tagging who I reply too.. I'll figure it out soon, I wasn't talking to you about the time stamp.

Yes, this is a flaw of the forum. I typically quote a small part of the post to make sure context is retained. 😉

Message 12 of 14
(501 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@sambpk wrote:

The solution did help, but it messed up my time stamp so I'm working on fixing that issue. 

We cannot tell what you are replying to, but my code did not touch your time formatting. RTSLVU is formatting time as DBL and also places it into the first column, in disagreement with the header strings, so don't use that. 😉

Doh! Well who puts a timestamp and the LAST column?

The time the measurement was taken should be the first column!

Also I always make my timestamps a double because a double is the full timestamp that includes date and time. And I can just append the timestamp to my array of measurements and write it to the file all at once.

Once you have it in in Excel you can format that column anyway you want.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(459 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:
Also I always make my timestamps a double because a double is the full timestamp that includes date and time. And I can just append the timestamp to my array of measurements and write it to the file all at once.

Once you have it in in Excel you can format that column anyway you want.

Doesn't excel use a different epoch than LabVIEW? (Formatting the DBL representing the LabVIEW timestamp might need some math to display it in time format again.)

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(451 Views)