From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Easy Text VI executable error

Solved!
Go to solution

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 today and have installed Labview 2009 on the machine. Some of the VI's I have to support use the Excel Easy Text vi. When I go on to test my changes, my VI states that the Excel Easy Text sub vi is not executable. I'm at a loss. What could I have missed in the installation?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,140 Views)

I wonder if it's because I am running Excel 2010...

No one has ran into this issue before?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,114 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BadAzzS10

Hi BadAzzS10,

You assumption that it had to do with Excell 2010 is correct. The 2009 version of report generation toolkit is only compatible with MS Office versions up to 2007. 

Here is an KnowledgeBase article that goes over the compatibilities of the Report Generation toolkit.

Report Generation Toolkit Compatibility with Microsoft Office and LabVIEW

So you have two options. 

- You can upgrade to LabVIEW 2010 and Report Generation toolkit 2010 (report gen 2010 does not work with LabVIEW 2009)

or 

-Install MS Office 2007 on your machine.

It is possible to have two versions of MS Office on one machine so you won't lose MS 2010 by doing this, however do follow the steps that Microsoft outlines in their Website.

How to run multiple versions of Office on one computer

<Brian Aswege | Applications Engineering | National Instruments> 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,104 Views)

I have MS Office 2010 on my windows 7 machine and have installed Labview DS 2011 with the Report Generation Toolkit and can not execute the Excel Easy Text Vi. The error is  in the Excel Set Cell Color and Border.vi.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,849 Views)

After going to where the error was on Invoke Node on Range and selecting re-invoke node it now works.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,843 Views)