From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Easy Table.vi

Solved!
Go to solution

In the Excel Easy table the help file tells you to refer to Excel (2007)  for formatting cells.  I can't figure out how to correlate "xlrangeautoformatcolor2" or any other format in the vi to the cell formatting in Excel.

Also, when I open Excel after using the easy table vi, the headers are right justified.  Does anyone know how to programatically center those labels/cells?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,712 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MarkDavid

The first thing is that you need to be looking at the documentation for Excel's ActiveX interface. The names and the labels should be pretty close. Secondly, while this doesn't explicitly address your question, I have often found it easier to do all the fancy formatting in Excel and just use LV to poke the numbers into the cells.

Mike...

PS: Also be aware that MS is real bad about rewriting the Active interface for Excel, thus breaking any existing programs that use the old interface - just a heads up...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 4
(2,689 Views)

Thanks.. that info would be nice in the Help File too.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,674 Views)

Hey Mark,

Thanks for your comment. I will look into this documentation and recommend a change to the helpfile.

Best,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,661 Views)