LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example of linked node bug

I think that a couple of very simple UI improvements to the linked tunnels ability would be great.

1 - when you click create and wire linked nodes, the cursur becomes a solder iron, and annoyingly the scroll bars stop working - this is annoying if you have a large case structure.  So firstly should allow scroll bars

2 - another simple tweak would be to allow a quick jump to the other side of the case structure - since this is typically wheree you are connecting.

3 - once a linked node is created, if the link is broken, then in order to rewire it you have to 'create and wire linked inputs' again - even though it knows where the node is.  Would be nice to have another option - to wire to the already linked node.

Example attached.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,970 Views)

I was about to point you to the Ideas Exchange but then I noticed that you had already posted this on there.

The Ideas Exchange is a much better place for this suggestion to be (as you can see from the comments that you have).

For others who view this post here is a link to it's sibling in the Ideas Exchange

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Linked-Tunnel-Node-Gui-improvements/idi-p/1905295

James W
Controls Systems Engineer
STFC
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,934 Views)