LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event for a change in the cursor legend

Hi!

I need to recognize a change of the cursor properties by the user through the XY-Graph Cursor Legend! (i.e. changing cursor color)

There seems to be no event for that in my event structure (although there is a event for changing the plot properties through the plot legend).

I'm using LV2009SP1.

Greets CtheR

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,703 Views)

Hi,

Which event of propertychange do you want to catch?

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
LabVIEW 5.1 - LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,667 Views)

I need the recognize any change of the cursor props made by the user. Like that:

change.PNG

Watching the cursor-Property for a change would be no help because there are automatic changes that I do not want to catch.

Something similar to the plot attribute change event in an event structure would be most helpful:

plotattr.png

Greets CtheR

Message 3 of 5
(2,663 Views)

Hi,

well I don't think there is an easier way then putting all the properties (you want to check) into a cluster and see whether that cluster has changed (see image below)

Cursors.JPG

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
LabVIEW 5.1 - LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,661 Views)

Thanks but this would imply that the change would be triggered when the properties are changed by the programm itself (i.e. loading new data) and not only by the user.

In my special case this is not working out, I`ve tried it and it caused troubles. Of course I could go with lots of semaphores n stuff but this would blow up my code immensely (~20 VIs/parallel loops working with the data).

Anyways there seem to be not may ways to interfere with the cursor list....

i.e.:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-control-the-expansion-of-the-cursor-list-sub-branches/m-p/147...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,659 Views)