LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Structure

Actually I am trying to actualise the functionality of timeout of event structure using state machine for this considering state machine is quite similiar to it but unable to do so. Can anyone suggest a small snippet or a function which can help me to detect front panel activity?It would be grateful.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(833 Views)

Dialog and User Interface Palette -> Wait for Front Panel activity.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(826 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

Dialog and User Interface Palette -> Wait for Front Panel activity.

But if you are going with that, you might as well use an Event Structure as the Wait for Front Panel Activity will still stall a block diagram.  One trick I have seen is to put the Event Structure on the outside of the cases for the state machine (the states only run in the Timeout case).  This way, you are checking for an event each time your state machine iterates.  And nothing says you cannot repeat a state over and over again until an event occurs.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(784 Views)

@Mudit099 wrote:

Actually I am trying to actualise the functionality of timeout of event structure using state machine for this considering state machine is quite similiar to it but unable to do so. Can anyone suggest a small snippet or a function which can help me to detect front panel activity?It would be grateful.

You need to much more specific explaining what you are trying to solve. There are many different state machine architectures and we cannot determine what you mean by "similar to it". 

• The event structure can have a timeout event, no need to reinvent the wheel. It will fire whenever no event occurs. (i.e. no front panel activity)
  • What kind of "front panel activity" are you trying to detect? (value change? Cursor move, mouse down?, etc.). You can define event for almost anything.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(741 Views)