LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Structure: update the structure with a tab control

Hi!

I want to be able to update the code contained within an event structure by a tab control value change, in addition to the usual bool controller in the UI. 

The problem is that the event structure don't seem to run when the bool has a value change for the tab control. I have made a short .vi to demonstrate. A counter is placed in the Event structure so it is possible to see if it is running or not. 

Any ideas?

Best regards

(2,249 Views)

This question has been asked many times. Did you try a search? Simply writing to the indicator does not trigger the Value Change event. It seems counter-intuitive, but it's not. If you want to trigger the Value Change event for a control/indicator then you need to use a property node and use the Value (Signaling) property.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,240 Views)

Thank you for the response. I have tried to alter my example with the Value (Signaling) property, but it does not solve my problem. 

Can someone post an altered version of my example by using the Value (signaling) property?

To summarize my problem from the first post: Every time the tab controller bool is changed, I want the counter in the event structure to count. 

Thanks again

(2,190 Views)

If you know how to solve this problem without the use of the Value (signaling) property node, please let me know. 

I need all the help I can get. 

(2,185 Views)

If you know how to solve this problem without the use of the Value (signaling) property node, please let me know. 

I need all the help I can get. 

(2,185 Views)

Here is a version of your code using a Value Signaling property node.

I "think" it does what you want ...

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,163 Views)