From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors with running executable

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with running an executable under LabView 8.2.1. My system runs CentOS 5.4. I made a simple vi and built it as an executable. When I tried to run it though, it wouldn't run. The following error was generated:

Can't load LabVIEW runtime library /usr/local/lib/liblvrt.so.8.2

/usr/local/lib/LabView-8.2/linux/libOSMesa.so.4: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied

The pointer on the first line points to the correct file. libOSMesa.so.4 has permission set to 644.

The vi is a simple data collection using VISA. Any ideas to fix this will be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,599 Views)
Have you installed the runtime engine? Does the system you are trying to run this have visa and lv installed?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,577 Views)

Hello,

Can you build and run executables that do not rely on a driver? The readme for LabVIEW for Linux 8.2.1 states: "LabVIEW 8.2.1 runs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 3, SuSE Linux Professional 9.1, and Mandrake Linux 10.0 or later. LabVIEW can run without hardware driver support on any other distributions that provide GNU C Library (glibc, also known as libc.so.6) Version 2.2.4 or later."

-Zach

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,555 Views)

Hi,

thanks for the replies. I have the run-time engine installed, or so I thought, because otherwise I wouldn't have those files, right? How would I check for sure that I have the runtime engine and lv? When I tried the compile the vi, there were no errors generated, so I assumed that everything was in order.

I have glibc installed already, version is 2.5-42. Are there specific things I should do to build the executable that doesn't depend on hardware driver support? (FYI, CentOS 5.4 ought to be functionally equivalent to RHEL 5.4... so I am technically running one of the officially-supported distributions)

Message Edited by vaku on 03-02-2010 11:44 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,541 Views)

Hello,

You will need to use whichever package manager application you have to see what is installed on your Linux machine. The steps outlined in the knowledgebase are useful as a general guide: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2266B58A5061E86A8625758C007A4FE3 .

-Zach

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,509 Views)