LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi I'm trying to setup an email VI that will can just send a simple text email and I keep getting Error 363514: "An error occurred while receiving data from the network" I attached a screenshot and the VI. Any help would be much appreciated!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,780 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wholefeed

Try 587 for the port and put a true on Use TLS.    I use a g-mail account and that works for me.

Make sure your login user name is   YourName@gmail.com   And that the password is correct.

You may want to try to log into g-mail from the PC you are running this VI on.  Also, in your g-mail account settings, there is an option under Security for "allow less secure apps" or something like that.

The reason to log in is that g-mail seems to not accept e-mails from a source that is doesn't recognize.  You may have to do some 2-factor authentication or something to let g-mail know your are sending from a valid device and you aren't a rogue agent.

Message 2 of 8
(2,762 Views)

Hey that's all it took lol. Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,748 Views)

Glad to hear you got it working.

Out of curiosity, which of those things I listed was the key for you?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,745 Views)

Hey!

can you explain here, How did you rectified Error 363514 problem in SMTP mail

?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,577 Views)

I'm getting same problem in Labview

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,574 Views)

Oh my bad. I didn't even see this. But all i missed was a true constant on the function.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,550 Views)

RavensFan pointed it out. I used the port 587 and put a true constant on the "Open Handle" VI

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,547 Views)