From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while VI Compile

I designed VI successfully...there is no error....there is no broken symbol on VI ...so Every thing is fine.

But when i went to save it ......i received one error  i.e.VI failed to compile....also observation broken symbol on VI.....

But i could not find the reason for it.

Should guide me to resolve it...or what will be the reason....

I have one concern  which may be reason.....Suppose i have taken one Indicator terminal out from SubVI ..but i have not used it....i keep it free...not used

...do you feel it could be reason or anything else  ?

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,628 Views)

What is your LabVIEW version? Can you attach the VI?

What does it tell you if you press the broken run arrow?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,623 Views)

@NILESH_MHALIM wrote:

I designed VI successfully...there is no error....there is no broken symbol on VI ...so Every thing is fine.

But when i went to save it ......i received one error  i.e.VI failed to compile....also observation broken symbol on VI.....

But i could not find the reason for it.

Should guide me to resolve it...or what will be the reason....

I have one concern  which may be reason.....Suppose i have taken one Indicator terminal out from SubVI ..but i have not used it....i keep it free...not used

...do you feel it could be reason or anything else  ?

Thanks in Advance.

Is that a normal VI on windows or you trying to use any target? I never encountered the compile error while working within a VI on windows.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,607 Views)
-When you click on broken arrow, what error you got is first needs to be inspected.
-You said you have taken indicator terminal out of SubVI (What do you mean by taken? removed from sub vi and kept some where else? or tried to connect one indicator and didn't do it?) Does that create broken wires?
-You need to check all your Sub VIs required input is connected.
-Finally provide your problem's screenshot or best provide vi where you got these error.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,595 Views)