LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when user hits Cancel in File Dialog Box

@paulrobinson wrote:

is it possible that we can add to the exe file? bcoz after i make this a exe file this vi is not working

You replied to a 10 years old post 🙂 Besides, I have no idea what VI you talk about, and what you mean about "not working". Maybe if you attach your VI/project, and explain properly your problem, you get some help...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(390 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and i have the vi with this this message when i add to the exe it is working but when i created as a installer it is not working.

regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(386 Views)

Hi Paul,

what exactly is "not working"?

And why do you use such an old VI instead of functions from your current LabVIEW version (like WriteToTextfile followed by GeneralErrorHandler)?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(380 Views)

@paulrobinson wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and i have the vi with this this message when i add to the exe it is working but when i created as a installer it is not working.

regards,

Paul

I still do not understand what you mean about "add to the exe". You attached a subVI, which actually uses no longer supported VIs. So first of all, start to use proper File functions which already available in your LV2013 version. Second, you could explain what you try to do in your application. Ultimately, you could attach your whole project, zipped up, would be easier to see the problems...

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(378 Views)