LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when running PDA application with emulator

Hi,

I receive my LabVIEW PDA Module yesterday and I tried to realise the Tutorial. I don't have any problem to make it work on the PDA but I always have a error message when I want to use an emulator (see the attached file for the message).
One more information, the driver requires according to the message is installed.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,572 Views)
Hi Roberto,

I saw this message when I first used the PDA emulator but installing VPC resolved it.  Are you able to launch the emulator outside of the LabVIEW context?  The emulator manager should be at this location:  C:\Program Files\Microsoft Device Emulator\1.0\dvcemumanager.exe .  You can use the emulator manager to launch specific emulators by right-clicking on them and selecting "Connect".

Also, have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall VPC?  You should be able to remove it from the Add/Remove Programs dialog.  You can then download a fresh copy here.

If you are still having problems after trying these things, you may want to check out or post to the Microsoft Device Emulator Forum. Especially check out this thread about "Failed to open VPC Network driver".

Hope this helps!
Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,556 Views)
I always have that message when I run the PDA application with an emulator but I just have to click 'OK' and after about 1min the emulator start. I don't have any explanation. According to me, an other mystery of computer science. Smiley Wink

Message Edited by roberto.venetz on 12-14-2006 01:27 PM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,459 Views)