From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error trying to initialize hardware session

In this program I am trying to create a new hardware session in NI MAX so that for example I could set up the program to automatically generate all of the driver sessions that a given NI MAX configuration would need. When trying to just create one in the first place, I linked a property node with the add method, and then create constant'd the property node input. Theoretically, this program should start with a null session, then through the property node I wrote it a name / description, then added it to the list of driver sessions. The error occurs basically with the property node, the create constant to make a null driver session seems like there is a problem but I don't know why its a problem and I don't know how to circumvent the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,033 Views)

Hi Perindom,

Unfortunately you can't just add a reference constant to it. It has no value attached to it. (it is a reference but is referencing to nothing)

First you have to initialize the IVI Driver Session reference before you can use it.

Kind regards,

Natan Biesmans, CLA

Surely not everyone was kungfu fighting.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,021 Views)

@PeanutButterAndLabVIEW

Would you be more specific on how to initialize an IVI driver session? 

What I am trying to do in labVIEW is the equivalent of going into NI MAX, and under IVI Drivers, right clicking Driver Sessions, and creating new.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,000 Views)

Add automation open in between the constant and the property node.

This should solve the reference issue.

Surely not everyone was kungfu fighting.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,995 Views)

@PeanutButterAndLabVIEW

Doing that gives a different, undefined error.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,992 Views)