From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: task specified is invalid or does not exist

I am currently using a DaqAssistant to measure temperatures and in my VI program I am able to change the measurement's rate using a text file in my desktop (I can change the rate without accessing to the Daq's parameters). I am also using a task node in order to generate the channels names' table. My problem is that as long as I have this node in my program, I can't change the rate while running it, so I get the error: task specified is invalid or does not exist .

I've tried to delete the node and change the rate and it works perfectly, but I need to keep it in case I later added any channels!

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,329 Views)

The solution is to stop using the DAQ Assistant.  Use the actual DAQmx API.  Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx and Handle 80 Percent of Your Data Acquisition Applications

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,297 Views)