From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error showing when attempting to install LabVIEW2009 on my computer (windows XP 32 bit)

Solved!
Go to solution

When trying to install LabVIEW2009 on my computer (windows XP 32 bit) I get the following error: The instruction at "0x005466a9" referenced memory at "0x00000000".  The memory could not be "read".  

Has anyone any ideas why this is error is appearing?  

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,905 Views)

Hi rfleming,

Do you have any other versions of LabVIEW installed and have you recently uninstalled any versions of LabVIEW?

Kind Regards,

Marshall B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,883 Views)

Hello Marshall B,

There has been no other versions of Labview installed.  I am trying to install the evaluation pack, we have a NI CAN PCI card and want to know if it is useful to us.  The only thing I have installed is the drivers for the CAN card - could this cause a problem?

Thanks,

Richard 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,865 Views)

Hi Richard,

We do tend to advise customers to install the LabVIEW environment before the any modules, toolkits or drivers.  I would suggest uninstalling any National Instruments software already on your machine by going to Control Panel>>Programs and Features and double clicking National Instruments Software before trying a fresh install of LabVIEW 2009.  

Let me know if this helps.

Kind regards,

Marshall B
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,862 Views)

Hi Marshall,

I've uninstalled all National Instruments software but problem still remains.  I can install Labview 2009 on my Laptop so there is possibly an issue with the desktop computer, which is a problem as I would like to use the CAN card!

Thanks,

Richard 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,856 Views)

Hi Richard,

Can I confirm which operating system you are running on your laptop?  Is it also running Windows XP (32-bit)?

Which service pack version of XP are both your PC and laptop running?

Kind regards,

Marshall B
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,850 Views)

Hi Marshall,

I am actually using Windows 7 on my laptop.  

I'm using XP with SP3 on the desktop.

Thanks,

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,845 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rfleming

Hi Richard,

After uninstalling all National Instruments software, can you check your registry for any "National Instruments" registry keys?  You will need to manually delete these keys before trying to install LabVIEW 2009 again.

To open registry, go to Start and select Run.  You will then need to type "regedit" in the window and click "OK".

Kind regards,

Marshall B
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,839 Views)

Thanks Marshall_B,

This has worked!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,822 Views)