LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error says: "Missing Labview Tools Network Add-on." Where to find Add-on?

Could this add-on be located in the installation software? Or do I need to download it from another source?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,870 Views)

Hi Orta,

which AddOn is missing?

Can you show the full error message?

Can you look for that add-on in VIPM?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,862 Views)

From your bare-bones description all i can say is to try and find the add-on on NI Package Manager.

Message 3 of 7
(3,861 Views)

@AeroSoul wrote:

From your bare-bones description all i can say is to try and find the add-on on NI Package Manager.

That, or JKI's VIPM.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,824 Views)

"

NI Tools Network

The NI Tools Network provides access to over 1,000 NI-built software add-ons and certified, third-party add-ons and application software to accelerate developer productivity with prebuilt functions.

"

So which one of the over 1,000 add-ons is missing?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,806 Views)

For reference for anyone arriving here from google....

When you get this error

Jared83_1-1633379315645.png

Click the show details button...

Jared83_0-1633379253102.png

And look at the "Missing Components" box. It'll tell you which addon is missing. Specifically in the above example "JKI State Machine" is missing.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,653 Views)

The LabVIEW Tools Network is accessed by using VIPM, also known as the VI Package Manager, a product distributed with LabVIEW (you may even have installed it when you installed LabVIEW -- look for a large Orange Icon with the letters "VI" in white).  If you don't have it, type VIPM in a Search Engine and you will probably be taken to the JKI site, where you can download it (for free).

Once you have installed it, you need to open LabVIEW and be sure you have TCP/IP enabled.  To do this, click "Tools", Options (at the bottom), and VI Server (near the bottom).  Be sure TCP/IP is checked.  VIPM uses TCP/IP (and the default port 3363) to communicate with your LabVIEW installation when it installed packages such as the JKI State Machine on your PC.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,647 Views)