From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error recognizing device, though I have not had this problem before

I am doing some measurements using a Labview program created by someone else. It runs on Version 5. It has worked fine for weeks. Today, I pulled out the DAQ-1200 card and put it into my other computer, which has Labview 6 installed. There were errors when I tried to run it, so I returned the card to the original machine. On the orginal machine, I now get an error "NI-DAQ LV: The specific device s not a National Instruments product. The driver does not support the device..blah blah." I have shut down the computer and booted again, but I still receive the error. I think everything is turned on. I would not think that pulling a card out and putting it back in would cause a problem.

Please help.
Samir S
hah
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,359 Views)
You are probably seeing a device configuration error. When you remove a device, then install it once again, MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer) will not "remember" the previous device ID number. I see this problem everytime I remove my PCMCIA card and reinstall it. I have assigned the device to ID number 5. Each time I reinstall it, MAX assigns it the ID of 1. So, I go back into MAX and change the ID number to 5. Then all is well.

I have also had to force MAX to accept the device ID I desire by first, changing the ID to, say 2, then to 5. I would suggest that after booting the computer, you launch MAX and use the "Test Resources" button. If the Device passes the test then you can use the device in LabVIEW. If the device fails the test, change the ID to so
me other number, test it, then change it back to the Device ID you want. It works every time for me.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,359 Views)
I agree with AVR. Check through your LabVIEW code and insure that the device number you use in your VI is the same device number which MAX has asigned to your 1200 card. Also, if you are calling virutal channels in your VI, you'll need to reconfigure these also. They may be on a different device number.
J.R. Allen
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,359 Views)