LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error loading lvanlys.dll

Hi all,

I am suddenly experiencing pbs with lvanlys.dll when I try to open VIs containing linear algebra sub VIs (Vector x A.vi, etc...).

An error window is popping up reporting:

"Error loading C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\resource\lvanlys.dll"
Invalid access to memory location

Labview lists numerous linear algebra VIsall with the error: "Call Library Function Node: library not found or failed to load"

I checked and there is lvanlys.dll at the refered location. I also tried to repair Labview 8.5 but it didn't change anything. 😞

Any idea?

thanx in advance for your help,

Jean-Philippe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,652 Views)

Hi Jean-Phillipe,

it seems to be a corrupted software issue. I advise you to proceed with a complete NI-Software unistall and a new installation.

To unistall please follow the attached tutorial together with the utilities.  TO reinstall follwo the instrunction of the following link:

Order of Installation for Multiple National Instruments Hardware and Software Products

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/779E54A45478FA2C86256D0500774FCB?OpenDocument

Let me know if it solved the issue.

Andrea

<attachments removed>

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,621 Views)

Hi Andrea,

Unfortunately after spending 3 hours de-installing Labview8.5 with Msiblast and installing Labview8.6 instead, I still have the same pb. :-(((

Thx for helping,

JPh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,598 Views)

Hi all,

I finally could solve my pb.

The pbs with lvanlys.dll seem to be a memory management pb. Actually the pb only occurs after loading a big .vi of mine (containing linear algebra sub VIs, dll calls, etc...).

When the pb occurs I just close Labview, restart it and create a blank vi and put in it any linear algebra sub VI (Vector x A.vi, whatever...). Then I can open the big .vi of mine without any pb.

I have no explaination for the pb but that's the workaround I use.

thanx for reading,

Jean-Philippe

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,509 Views)

Hi Jean-Philippe:

I meet the same pbs with you. you say "It seem to be a memory management pb" , so can I understand that , if I improve my memory size , this pb will be resolved? Do you resolve your big project's pb in this way. thank you . 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,840 Views)

Hi snow123,

Did you try the kind of work around I proposed ( create a blank vi and put in it any linear algebra vi and then open your own vi)?

I don't know if extending your RAM would solve the pb: I didn't try it myself since the work around worked for me.

Hope it helps,

JPh

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,776 Views)

Hi Jean Phillipe,

I am facing the same problem too. According to you, the work-around would be to create a new VI with the mathematical sub VIs. But my doubt is how would you connect the two VIs then?

The doubt might be silly as I am new to Labview, but I need help.

Regards,

Naina

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,490 Views)

Hi Naina,

What worked for me was to first open an empty vi and put into it the linear algebra vis needed in my other vi.

That step seemed to load the linear algebra vis into memory, then I opened my other vi (containing those linear algebra vis) and it worked.

In don't know in the mean time (that thread is pretty old)  if that was solved by newer versions of Labview.

Best regards,

JPh

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,484 Views)