LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing LabVIEW 2017

Anyone seen this error? I am getting it on both Windows 7 and Windows 10 machines.

error_installing_2017.png

When this error is thrown, the dialogs for license agreements are blank, the software appears to install and then throws a bunch of other errors.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,249 Views)

Is this only happening when you install LabVIEW 2017? Where is the installer coming from?

Chase
NI Technical Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,196 Views)

I have seen this before.  I suspect it has something to do with the core Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable (I have 2015 on the machine) but I am unsure what that issue is.  Currently, I am attempting to install 2017 from DVD; haven't tried this with other distributions.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,188 Views)

While I've certainly had issues with LabVIEW 2017 (to the extent I'm not installing it for myself or my colleagues), I have successfully installed it on both Windows 7 and Windows 10, when it was the only LabVIEW installation.  I installed from the NI Software Bundle Spring 2017 USB-64 "kit".  My installation included LabVIEW 2017, VIPM, Vision Development, DAQmx, VISA, and Vision Acquisition modules.

I admit that I don't have the courage to install LabVIEW NXT 1.0 at the current time (I've spent quite a bit of time reclaiming my Laptop from LabVIEW 2017 Installation Woes).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,167 Views)

Meh...I would not install NXT given limited backwards compatibility.  Personally, I would prefer they focus on supporting other OS's and 64-bit rather than bringing the questionable Visual Studio experience to the LV environment.  I am guessing that NXT will either never be fully developed or it is a long way off (look at the 64-bit rollout if you need an example).  Fingers crossed.

All this being said, I don't believe my experience with 2017 is something associated with other versions on my machine (although most of my different versions sit in different VMs).  I honestly believe that I have something going on with the redistributable VC20xx.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,140 Views)