From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during installtion.

I am trying to install Lab View 8.6 onto a system running Windows 7 64 bit.  However during the second phase of the install, or after the first module is installed and the second one gets underway I am presented with the following error message.  First I thought because the installer was on a network drive it did not work, but then I copied the installer to the local drive but was presented with this message as before.  Any ideas as what could be the problem?Lab View Error.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,199 Views)

Ok so I just read where I had posted this question before and it was stated that this version of Lab View will not run on Windows 7 64 bit.  Althou I was able to get it to run on other systems running Windows 7 64 bit.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,197 Views)

Hi,

Unfortunately you are correct in saying that LabVIEW 8.6 is not supported for Windows 7 64 bit.  This means that it is not garunteed to function properly and in your case, it seems as if it will not install properly either.

Please refer to the following resource that shows Windows and LabVIEW compatibility.

Windows Version Compatibility with LabVIEW:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B972242574D4BB99862575A7007520CB

Thanks,

Cameron T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,160 Views)