LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 63

Hello,

I am using LabVIEW->Open Application Reference to open application reference remotely from my pc. for the machine name parameter i am wiring the ip address of my RT Controller. when i execute my application i am getting error code 63. If anyone if aware of this error code, kindly let me know.

Thanks,
-Anil
Anil-B'lore
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(12,389 Views)
If you look up the description for the error (it should have appeared in the pop-up, but you can also use Help>>Explain Error), you will see it means the connection was refused by the server (that's the RT target). So make sure that the VI server is enabled on the RT target (probably through Tools>>Options when you're targeting it), that your computer is allowed, and that the port number is correct.

(12,378 Views)
Hi tst,

Thanks a lot for your reply,Yes that was the exact reason.

-Anil
Anil-B'lore
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(12,374 Views)
Hi tst,

Again i am getting the same error code 63 if i try to open an tcp connection with my remote system. i have made the settings in Tools->Options->TCP/IP.

I am not able to understand why is this happening.

Looking for your help.

-Anil
Anil-B'lore
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(12,367 Views)
Now you're talking about a TCP connection, right? Not a VI server connection?

You don't need to enable TCP comm. It works automatically.
This is probably a port problem. Make sure you choose a different port for you TCP communication.
Place a TCP listen on one side (which listens at a specific port) and a TCP Open on the other side (which gets the IP address and the port number). The listen VI will wait until the open VI "calls" and then it will return the session refnum which you can use with the TCP Read and Write.

(12,360 Views)

Hi, i think i have a problem just like that, but i don't realy understand what you mean with the two vi's listen and open and how they are supposed to be connected. Can you maybe give me an example in 8.2 or lower? I've alse added my program in jpeg.

Hoping you can help me.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(11,547 Views)

I have had the same issue. When creating 3 connections with my RT device the 3rd always fails. Then found that by slowing down the VI by using the trace data light bulb it will work every time.

I am currently still working to see if that will 100% fix it or not. Seems to happen for me between the second and third connection. Something with delays or timing on creating multiple connections is too fast for either the RT device or the network. When I slow down my VI it works great.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,348 Views)

I'm sure the original poster was waiting patiently for over 11 years for that answer and appreciates your help.

Message 8 of 9
(4,337 Views)

Not all users seeking answers are the original poster.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(269 Views)