LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code -214722116

Hi all

I am trying to call the ADOBE reader application through activex in labview.

When automation open function is used I am getting the error code -2147221164 saying that Class is not registered.

and so I am not able to load the file.

For what this error is coming?

Refer the attached screenshot of the code which I have done.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,337 Views)

As far as I know, the reader has an ActiveX control that you can place in an ActiveX container on the front panel, but the free reader does not include the necessary ActiveX classes that you need to instantiate in code, like what you are trying to do. For that you need the full version of Adobe Acrobat.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,332 Views)

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

First of all I would like to know the procedure for unmarking the solutino. I accidently marked the post as solution.

Also , I would like to know by full version of Adobe acrobat you mean I need the latest version of Adobe. Or there is some other difference?

please let me know.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,315 Views)

You can unmark a solution using the Options menu above and to the right of the specific post.

Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Acrobat Reader are two different applications. The first you need to buy, the second (which is what you have) is free.

Your other option is to place an ActiveX container on the front panel of your VI and open a PDF through that. Be aware though, that even with this, some of the methods and properties will not be available to you because it's the reader, and not the full version of Acrobat.

Another option is to search the internet to see if there's an alternative program that provides an ActiveX server in a free version. I don't know of any off the top of my head.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,309 Views)