LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 10846

I'm getting error code 10846 on an AI buffer read.
Scan rate is 500 scans/sec.
While loop has 100 msec synchronizing timer reading 75 scans at a time.
Buffer is 4000 scans.
VI is running a test cycle that completes in 70-80 sec. Every time the test sequence completes AI Clear is run. I don't understand how I could be accumulating scans in the buffer with this setup. Anybody have any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,673 Views)
have you checked your scan backlog ??
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,673 Views)
scan backlog = 0
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,670 Views)
Acually, scan backlog indicator is disabled and grayed so I guess I need to enable and verify that its zero. Disabling the front panel indicator for scan backlog wouldn't cause this problem would it?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,669 Views)
i dont think that teh enabled state is going to cause that, your program can still update the indicator programatically.... can you send me the VI that is causing the problem ???

dan.bookwalter@hst.stoneridge.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,662 Views)
Setting your scan backlog indicator to be 'disabled and greyed' would not cause this error. It is a good idea to enable that indicator to see what is happening there. Besides trying all the things mentioned in the error message (like increasing buffer, decreasing sample rate), you could decrease the wait time in your loop. Even if you tell LabVIEW how often to run the loop, Windows still has the final say. So this is still system dependent and many things can be a factor, like processor speed, memory, other running applications, etc.
-Alan A.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,649 Views)
Thanks for your reply. I intend to re-enable the backlog indication next time we run the device. I need the scan rate for my application but I suppose that I could adjust the other items. The baffling part is that I thought that I was pretty well optimized since we had been operating without the 10846 error for about 3 months before it started being reported. Dan has graciously agreed to look at my app. for me to see if he can find something.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,640 Views)