LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF0072) The resource is valid, but VISA cannot currently access it.

Solved!
Go to solution

I am always having this error:

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0072) The resource is valid, but VISA cannot currently access it.

I've already reinstalled the drivers VISA and Serial, and i did some configurations in MAX.

I'm trying to connect labview to agilent 34970A data acquisition.

What else can i do?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,718 Views)

What is the resource you are trying to use?  Where is the code you are trying to use?  Is anything else trying to access that resource?  What version of LabVIEW and VISA are you using?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,701 Views)

here is the diagram.

I'm connecting the agilent using the port COM6, and nothing else is trying to access the resource.

I'm using labview 2019, and the last version of VISA.

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,697 Views)

Serial ports can only be accessed by one process. From your screen shot it looks like MAX (Measurement and Automation explorer) is open, are you trying to communicate with the com port there?

Other things to check is that those sub VI's are not trying to open the com port more than once. You could probe the error wires at different spots to see where exactly where the error is coming from. If it's between the Agilent(maybe?) open and the other sub VI something else already has control of the com port. If there's no error there, but there is after the second VI then you are probably trying to open the com port twice (the first time taking control, and the second time getting an error when trying to take control again).

This also may be useful

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019NeQSAU&l=en-US 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,688 Views)

Make sure you don't have Benchlink or the Agilent/Keysite connection manager running at the same time.

Also are you closing your VISA sessions? Leaving a VISA session open can cause this too.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,678 Views)

thank you.

But now i have a diffrent error.

Error -107 400 0000, i do not know what is that.

everything is configured to the same COM PORT.

I`ve already verified the benchlink manager.

michella97_1-1590149312333.png

michella97_2-1590149432765.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,494 Views)

Hi!

Thanks for your help.

Now i have another of error : -1074000000 , what is that?

See the following pictures. Where am i doing wrong?

Every element of the VI is configured to the same COM PORT.

michella97_0-1590149776246.pngmichella97_1-1590149822879.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,491 Views)

You are now getting an error from the instrument.  So you are actually talking to your instrument now.  But there is something wrong with how you are setting up channel 117.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,486 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author michella97

Thank you!

Now, i`m getting this error:

michella97_1-1590153604668.png

Sorry for disturbing you.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,479 Views)