20191017_102355.jpg

2. Block Diagram

20191017_102336.jpg

3. Error: How can Fix this Error 

20191017_102307.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,933 Views)

I'm not sure why you called your message "Error: Command Requires GPIB Controller in Charge".  You said you are using a Com port and not a GPIB, so obviously you don't have a GPIB error.

So you actually have a Scan from String error, the first message listed for error 1.

We can't help you solve that because we can't see what the string coming from the VISA Read is, or the string after you take the string starting at character 5.

Put some indicators on those pink string wires and run it again!

Also put an indicator on your error wire.  Perhaps you are getting a  timeout error.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,889 Views)

Your Scan from String has no format string specified, so it will throw that error.  Oddly, the error number corresponds to a GPIB reserved error number so if you don't wire the error from your Scan from String you get this strange/misleading error message pop-up.  If you do wire it you at least see it comes from the Scan from String primitive.

scan_fron_string_error1.png

I've been caught with this one a few times while using GPIB and its a pain until you remember this quirk.  I'd vote for a new error number for Scan from String that doesn't trough a GPIB related error number!

Craig

Message 3 of 3
(1,862 Views)