From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 91, Reference.

I have a two 1-D arrays that I bundle and input to a XY graph in a subvi. I am using control reference to show the updates on the main VI.

For some reason I get an error code 91. Can some one explain what is the mistake.

I've attached a picture. Thanks !

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,384 Views)
Error 91 means " The data type of the variant is not compatible with the data type wired to the type input", so I guess your graph isn't a multiple plot XY graph. When you wire a wire like that into a graph, it will change the graph to accept it (you can see the terminal becoming pink), but unless you did that, the graph is probably still in it's original type. The solution - wire such a construct into the graph's terminal. If this doens't help, post your actual code.

(4,371 Views)
Here is a sample.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,364 Views)
Sorry, no 8.0 yet.

(4,358 Views)
tst was correct about the data type. Before you create the reference, wire in the type of data you want to display. In your case, you should create 2 different arrays, bundle them together, and wire that to the graph. Then, when you create the reference and use it in the subVI, the data type will match - you will not have a value property with a variant input. If you want to change the data in the subVI to a multiplot XY graph, you would have to repeat the process.
Message 5 of 7
(4,355 Views)
Thanks ! That works.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,348 Views)

I too face the same problem but in my case, I am creating the XY graph using scripting, so i can no where give the input format. Is there any way I can resolve it?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,449 Views)