cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code -229771

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I have been dealing with a problem with concern to my NI-DAQmx driver. Whenever I try to access software under My System in MAX, I get a database file is corrupt error. Therefore, I wanted to reset my configuration data in order to try to solve this problem. I followed the instructions from this post: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8awSAC. 

As I was trying to export my products, I received another error that states "NI-488.2 17.0: unable to connect to the MAX databas on the system, or this product is not installed on the system. NI-DAQmx 17.0: -229771 Internal Software Error occurred in MIG software. Please contact National Instruments Support." I am not sure what this means. 

Furthermore, when I go to my NI License Manager, under Vision Acquisition Software 17.1 the application NI-IMAQx is licensed, but I do not see DAQmx or NI-488.2. 

I am trying to fix my DAQmx/IMAQx issue in order to get my analog camera to work again. With the analog camera, I am using a NI PCI-1409 frame grabber. I have LabVIEW 2017. Any advice would be extremely helpful!

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,136 Views)

This may be a silly question, but when you installed LabVIEW, did you install DAQmx?  Did you install (hmm, I don't remember what the IEEE 488.2, GPIB stuff is called ...) and VISA?  Sounds like you are just missing drivers.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,089 Views)

As Bob says you are probably missing drivers. When you install the driver you should look for the these drivers:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-488.2/7272/en/

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-visa-17.0/6646/en/

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,080 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

This may be a silly question, but when you installed LabVIEW, did you install DAQmx?  Did you install (hmm, I don't remember what the IEEE 488.2, GPIB stuff is called ...) and VISA?  Sounds like you are just missing drivers.

Bob Schor

On my computer there is a folder within the National Instruments folder labeled NI-DAQ, NI-488.2 & NI-VISA. Within each folder there is a readme file, so I think I have all the necessary drivers downloaded. 

However, whenever I open the MAX and click on Software to get the drop down menu, I get the following error: "The database file is corrupt. Refer to KnowledgeBase article 4GA9TOQA for information about how to fix or restore the database file". So I believe that they may be corrupted? I am not really sure though

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,074 Views)

What is the full path to, say, the NI-DAQ folder?  On my machine, it is Program Files (x86), National Instruments, NI-DAQ.  Inside NI-DAQ is a ReadMe (did you read yours?  It should specify the LabVIEW Version used to install it) and in a sub-folder called LabVIEW, there are 14 folders from "7.0" to "16.0", each containing a file LVDAQmx.rsc.

If you are missing some of this, you don't have DAQmx installed (though with LabVIEW 2017, I'm not sure how many "backwards" folders you'll find in the LabVIEW folder).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,062 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

What is the full path to, say, the NI-DAQ folder?  On my machine, it is Program Files (x86), National Instruments, NI-DAQ.  Inside NI-DAQ is a ReadMe (did you read yours?  It should specify the LabVIEW Version used to install it) and in a sub-folder called LabVIEW, there are 14 folders from "7.0" to "16.0", each containing a file LVDAQmx.rsc.

If you are missing some of this, you don't have DAQmx installed (though with LabVIEW 2017, I'm not sure how many "backwards" folders you'll find in the LabVIEW folder).

Bob Schor

On my computer I go to the start menu and go to a folder titled National Instruments. I then have a subfolder titled NI-DAQmx and within that folder I have two more subfolders titled NI-DAQmx examples & NI-DAQmx Documentation. Within the Documentation folder is where i found the NI-DAQmx Readme. 

Within the folder National Instruments I have a subfolder titled LabVIEW 10.0 that is empty. However, if I go back to the start menu and look at all my programs, I have a LabVIEW basics1 & 2 folder that only contain installations. I do not have the 14 folders that you have. 

Does that mean it isn't installed?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,060 Views)

@chicagostudent7 wrote:

@Bob_Schor

Does that mean it isn't installed?

No, it means you are looking in the Wrong Place.  There are no files in the Start Menu, there are only "pointers to files".

Go to C:.  You should have a folder called Program Files (x86) (note that I'm assuming you installed 32-bit LabVIEW on 64-bit Windows, as most of us have).  That's where you should find the (real) National Instruments folder and the sub-folders (and files) I referenced.

Bob Schor 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,050 Views)

@Bob_Schor

Go to C:.  You should have a folder called Program Files (x86) (note that I'm assuming you installed 32-bit LabVIEW on 64-bit Windows, as most of us have).  That's where you should find the (real) National Instruments folder and the sub-folders (and files) I referenced.

Found it! Thank you so much!!

If I have all of the things you mentioned, what would you suggest my next steps are?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,044 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chicagostudent7

While it has gotten better, one of the remaining Dark Arts about LabVIEW is installation.  I typically "volunteer" to do all of the installations for my colleagues and for the Student Labs, and encourage students to "bring me your PC and I'll install LabVIEW for you".  Even so, I've had some remarkably bad experiences (do not ask me about LabVIEW 2017!).

Is there a LabVIEW Guru whom you can consult?  What I think you need to do is to completely remove LabVIEW, and then completely re-install it, knowing precisely what you want to install.  Unfortunately, both processes (especially the Uninstall, if you are using LabVIEW 2017) can go awry, leaving you with the Solution I adopted for my two Windows 10 machines -- Step 1: Reformat the C: Drive.  Step 2: Renstall Windows 10.  Step 3: Have a glass of wine (but don't whine) ...  So proceed cautiously, get advice, and look for a Four-Leaf Clover.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,031 Views)