From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code -1073807339

Hi, 

I am using a instrument driver (Molbox 1 from DHI instrument) downloaded from NI website to run some tests. 

http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/n2:DE.DHInstruments,ssnav:id...

At  a certain poing of the test , the data logging startes to be "0" for everthing, it is not quite right. 

At the end of the test, it gave me a Error Code -1073807339 and Source " VISA Read in DH Cmd and Resp.vi->DHmolbox MFC data.vi->SP.vi->E56 Test by Molbox-V1.vi. 

Does anybod have a clue what is the problem to cause the error?

Thank you very much. 

Bingji

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,675 Views)

Have you searched the forums for this error code?  It has been asked about thousands of times before.

It is a timeout error.  Your LabVIEW VI is no longer getting data from the device within the timeout period.

You need to figure out what is going wrong when it was working to when it stopped working and showing you wrong zero data.

Since we know nothing about your device, how you have it connected, or what your VI looks like, we can't offer any better help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,672 Views)

Thank you very much.

Yes. I have a feeling of "time out error".

I am using the NI MAX to test the connection between my hardware (Molbox) and the computer.

When I  clicked the "Query" under the Input/Output, it gave me the "Read Operation Error"

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed.

My hardware is connected with the computer by com port and the configuration for the com port is as follow

Baud Rate: 2400

Data Bits:7

Sotp Bits:1

Parity: Even

If you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,664 Views)

Yes. I did search the error code in the forum.

However, nothing come out. That is the reason I started to post the question.

After I put the error code (Hex 0xBFFF0015) in the serching engine, it looks that a lof ot similar cases happend.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,661 Views)

What is changing from the point of the test when it is working and when it stops working?

Are you sure you are sending the right commands to the device?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,660 Views)

Are you certain that the Baud Rate of 2400 is correct?  I suspect you'd need to go back in time at least 30 years to find any serial equipment with a data rate that low!

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,651 Views)

Thank you.

I checked the manual of my instrument.

The command I used should be right.

I used "*IDN?/n" at the beginning.

Then I put "*IDN?", no error, and give me the readout which is matching the supposed readout in the manul.

Then I put another command "*OPC?"k, same error came out.

The readout of my test started to become "0" and the suppoed value should be 40.055.

After this point, all of the readout values became to "0", not even close to the suppoed values.  

Thank you.

Bingji

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,639 Views)

Yes. That value is the suggested by the instrument manual.

To be honestly, this instrument is very very old.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,636 Views)

So *IDN? works but OPC? does not.  Is that correct?

It is unclear whether you are using the termination character correctly because you list it as /n for the first time you mentioned *IDN? and did not mention it the second time.

Does the manual clearly state whether or not you need to use the termination character?  Is it a linefeed/ new line character?  If you need it, are you entering it into your commands correctly?  For example, if you are putting a \n into a string constant, make sure the display mode of the string constant is correct.  If it shows that in normal display, you are sending a literal backslash and the letter "n".  You would need to have it show that in \codes display which is where \n is shown and represents the code for a linefeed character.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,616 Views)

Thanks for your suggestions.

It turned out that the termination character I used "/n" is wrong.

It should be "/r", not "/n".

After I changed it into "/r" for any commands, the error was gone.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,526 Views)