LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 91: data type of the variant is not compatible with the input of the kNN

Hello,

I am trying to use the kNN of MLT of Labview but I get always the error above.  Few people asked in the forum asked the question but the answer is still mysterious. I tried to build a 1 #D array of variants after converting 2D array to cluster but it is not working.

Could you please help me? I attached a simple VI of the kNN.

Thanks,

Zied

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,596 Views)

Well, I (for one) have no idea what "the kNN of MLT" means.  I looked at your VI, and there are four missing sub-VIs, no explanation of what is supposed to be happening, no understanding why you need variants (seems to be needed by k-Nearest Neighbor, which might explain kNN ...).

Incidentally, if we can't know the "input of the kNN", we can't advise you why your variant is incompatible except to say "you made it wrong" ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,584 Views)
Hello, the inn kNN is the k nearest neighbor from machine learning toolkit.I will send the missing via. I am not sure this can work in a different computer without installing this toolkit of labview.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,567 Views)

Hi again, you can find attached the VI with its dependencies.

Thanks,

Zied

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,546 Views)

Hi Zied,

I'm not sure if you saw this thread, but it looks like they were having the same issue you are, and there's a solution listed in the responses. Go take a look and let us know if that solution doesn't work for you.

Kathryn K.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
http://ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,507 Views)

Hi,

I read all the post in the forum about the SVM but the answer is still confusing and it did not work for me. And yes I am talking about the LabVIEW Machine Learning Toolkit.

Thanks,

Zied

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,465 Views)

Error Code 91 will be generated if you are trying to convert the variant data to a Cluster or any other data type without any data is feed to varaiant.

Make sure your varaiant contains expetced data before converting to data

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,457 Views)