LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 89137 with multiple AO tasks

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to get three AO tasks to work in the same loop (see attached). Two control output for controlling heaters, one is an example I found here to create a PWM signal with AO. They work as planned when run seperatly but when run in the same loop I get an error 89137. I've tried several solutions I've found in the forum related to this but still can't get it. Anyone know how to make these play nice with each other? This is a cDAQ chassis with a 9264 AO module.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,300 Views)

Hello rtpumps,

I recommend you to check the following reference regarding this error: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3D99C0ECBCC9FA9C862576E800556235?OpenDocument

You have three tasks, two of them with an implicit clock. If the reference clock is not explicitly set, the first task to commit will implicitly define the reference clock for the whole card. Thus, if another task tries to explicitly set a different reference clock later, that clock will try to use the reference clock circuitry which is already in use by the first task.

Thanks

Message 2 of 3
(3,210 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GDthomas

Hi Maupz,

Thanks for the input, I've been playing around with it and finally found a fix. Just eliminated the AO write that executed before the loop and everythings working fine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,196 Views)