cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -89130 Multidevice Tasks

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm trying to acquire data from two NI devices (BNC2110 with PCI6281 and a USB cDAQ9174 with NI 9239). Because 6281 doesn't support multidevice tasks, I use 2 tasks for collecting analog data. But it gives me error -89130:"Device not available for routing.  It is possible that the device needs to be reset or that the device is being reset." I've attached my VI. Do you know what was the problem and how I can solve it? Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,363 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dienosong

I'm still on LV 2016 and can't open your code.

I'll guess that you're trying to share a sample clock (or other timing signal) from one device to the other.  DAQmx has features for trying to automatically route such signals between devices that share a cDAQ (or PXI) chassis, or for desktop PCI/PCIe boards that have their timing buses connected with a RTSI cable.

However, you have 1 PCI board and 1 USB cDAQ device whose timing buses cannot be directly connected.  You would need to configure such signal sharing more explicitly, by reference to "PFI pins" or something similar.

You may need a digital module in your cDAQ chassis to provide a pathway to deliver a timing signal between the 9239 AI module and a PFI connection on the BNC2110.   I can't say for sure as I have only modest experience with cDAQ. 

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 2 of 5
(2,357 Views)

Exactly Kevin! 

You cannot use the cDAQ sample clock on Dev5 without adding DAQmx Export Signal to Route the cDAQ sample clock to (pick a line) Wiring that signal to a PFI pin on Device5 and using Export Sinanl to route that PFI pin to Dev5 sample clock

The outer while loop is just plain silly- remove it

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,335 Views)

Thank you Kevin for the suggestion!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,330 Views)

Thank you Jeff!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5