LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 85 occurred at Scan From String

Hi,

Below is my attached Vi.. Its was kind of working randomly, cause the timing of this error "Error 85 occurred at Scan From String (arg1)" Pops out randomly. Hope someone can tell me roughly where is my mistake.. Thanks...
Message 1 of 10
(7,365 Views)
Hi Sena,

this error pops up, when:
- you provide "wrong" data for your scan string
- you don't wire the error cluster coming from ScanFromString - as you should do when you aren't sure your string data has always the same format...
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 10
(7,364 Views)

I'm getting the same error and I'm not sure why. I've attached my VI

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,315 Views)

In your code, the function 'Scan From String' expects a string input that contains data in some specific (numeric) format.

If its not the case, it gonna throw this error (85).

Error 85

You need to include additional code to handle this error in your program. While running your program, keep a probe at this input wire (string) and observe the data whenever you get this error (85).

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,310 Views)

Do you know what kind of code I would add?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,301 Views)

I'm actually trying to read the data through a DAQ but I'm not sure how to write that into a VISA function. I'm not sure if this code makes sense or not

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,298 Views)

When you're reading from DAQ card (device) then what is the purpose of Serial communicaiton.

Also in your code:

Nonsense

The circled node (function block) makes no sense and on execution, this code will definitely throw an error... reason being, the task is configured for Analog Input and cannot be used for Analog Out...!!

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,276 Views)

The reason I'm using both serial and daq communication is because i need to communicate through serial to give the device commands but i'm reading data through the daq. I cannot issue commands through the daq 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,267 Views)

It has not given me an error yet though...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,265 Views)

I took out the VI you circled and the code seems to be working

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(6,261 Views)