cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error '80004005' , Exception occured in Microsoft JET Database Engine

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am using Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider for storing into Microsoft 2000 database file (.mdb file) for the past couple of months without any issue, now I am getting the Error '80004005' , Exception occured in Microsoft JET Database Engine: Cannot open database. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt. I did study some forums but couldn't get any definite answer as to why this could happen. 

Please help me in understanding this error so that I can avoid losing data in future.

Thanks 

Mukunda

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,487 Views)
The first thing is to make sure that the db connect string is pointing to the correct file. Next, try opening the file with Access. The file could indeed be corrupted and opening it in Access can sometimes correct problems.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,453 Views)

Thank you MIke.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,419 Views)

Hi Mike,

I have rectified the issue. There was no connection issue, I just closed and opened the db file and it started working fine. 

Actually I am interested to know when does this file corruption occur, could you please share your thoughts on this.

Thanks 

Mukunda

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,413 Views)
I would suggest using a more robust database than jet. I had nothing but problems with large data sets and multiple users.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,410 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mukunda.mj
It's impossible to say when the problem occurred, but as Dennis said Jet is not a robust database. It particularly falls down in situations where is is being called upon to handle large datasets or is being accessed from multiple users at the same time.

In terms is alternatives, there are many if you want to go that route.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,396 Views)